31 March 2010

Still the same....AND a little better

The other day I got an email from a friend asking how I had been feeling lately. My friend said “…..don’t get me wrong, you look great. You don’t look any different to me.”. I always appreciate compliments telling me how fabulous I am but what did you really expect me to look like? Does being diagnosed with MS mean I am instantaneously going to morph into some sort of mystical creature? I know my friend by no means meant to be offensive and honestly I wasn’t offended. It just never ceases to amaze me society’s perception of the affects of our precious little disease. Like many other chronic diseases, symptoms are not always visible. So yes, I’m still the same and in a lot of ways a little better. I stress less, laugh more, eat healthier, exercise -sometimes :) and have an overall healthier life balance. So as far as diseases go I guess having MS isn’t the worst thing that could happen. It forced me to put things in my life into proper perspective and it gets me unsolicited compliments. Because “don’t get me wrong”, I still look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment